Scholarships for the 2012-13 academic year have already been awarded.
The HSC Scholarship Application Process for the 2013-14 academic year is now open.
Deadline to apply is February 22nd, 2013 at 11:59PM.
1. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to avoid spam filtration.
2. Complete the application by clicking the icon in each section on the Dashboard. Save your work frequently, but recognize that you do not have to complete the entire application in one sitting.
3. You will be asked to upload a resume with your application. Visit Adventures in Education for tips on writing an effective resume.
4. You will be asked to upload your answers to two essay questions. Each response should be no more than 500 words in length and 300 words minimum.
5. You will be asked to request two letters of recommendation from either a teacher, counselor, coach, mentor, and/or employer through the online application. Be sure to verify your recommender’s email address to ensure it is correct and make sure to notify your recommender about the recommendation request. They should receive an email asking them to recommend you for the scholarship. Ask your recommender to add email@example.com to their address book to avoid spam filtration and school firewalls. If your recommender does not receive a letter of recommendation request via email within 24 hours after you nominate them, contact HSC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email or mail any letters of recommendation. The only acceptable recommendation is the online survey recommendation.
To complete the application, you must upload the following supplemental information:
- Upload a copy of your Student Aid Report from the FAFSA. If you and/or your parents have not completed the FAFSA before the February 1st, 2013 deadline, do not worry. Leave that section blank. You will be asked to provide your financial records at the time of your interview if selected as a scholarship finalists.
- Students applying for scholarships under SB 1528 must upload a copy of the paper FAFSA or TAFSA through the application. If you and/or your parents have not completed the FAFSA before the February 1st, 2013 deadline, do not worry. Leave that section blank. You will be asked to provide your financial records at the time of your interview if selected as a scholarship finalists.
- Official transcript (Request one from your school registrar well before the application deadline.)
- Proof of residency status for non-residency/non-citizen applicants.
- 2 essays
Thoroughly read the Certification and Release, provide your electronic signature and submit your application. You will not be able to fully submit your application until your recommender has filled out an electronic letter of recommendation.
Based on the answers you provide in this application, you may be considered for multiple scholarship programs offered by HSC and HSC Consortium Members.
While you may be considered for multiple scholarships through this application, an applicant is only eligible to be funded for one scholarship.